We are taking the COVID-19 virus very seriously. We are monitoring the situation and will follow the recommendations of the State of Utah governing authorities. In order to ensure the safety of our clients and team members, we continue to closely adhere to the CDC’s guidelines regarding social distancing.
At this time Pawelek & Gale will remain open and continue to meet the needs of our clients. We are still able to make progress in the Utah Court System.
With our skilled expertise, we can still obtain additional resolutions, we are creative and can obtain amazing results for our clients. Here are some things to consider.
- Drivers license hearings with the DMV, STILL need to be requested within 10 days from the time of your citation or arrest for DUI.
- Discovery needs to be requested and any motions to suppress illegal searches STILL need to be performed.
- Prosecutors tend to be more reasonable considering these types of unforeseen circumstances.
- Now is a good time to talk to prosecutors to get your case resolved without even having to go to court.
- Prosecutors have been instructed to be generous with plea deals in order to avoid jail capacity in County jails.
- If somebody is in custody, Utah courts are still having hearings for people who have been arrested and incarcerated via electronic online services to comply with social distancing.
We appreciate your understanding during this very challenging time and are grateful to our clients for helping us take precautions. Please know that we will continue to monitor developments and will communicate with you as necessary. We believe communication is vital in the attorney-client privilege and we will provide our cell phone numbers so that we can continue to communicate effectively.
Thank you for your help and understanding.
Richard Gale & Dennis Pawelek